FANTASY WRESTLING PROMOTIONS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan fiction wrestling promotions. Write and book your own wrestling shows.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How you rate wrestlers?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Supes
Admin
Supes

How you rate wrestlers? Empty
PostSubject: How you rate wrestlers?   How you rate wrestlers? EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 12:33 pm

So I am going to start a thread a little later where I rate wrestlers in certain categories. I know wrestling is totally subjective but as I was thinking about this project I thought about what I look for in a wrestler. Here's the things I have so far.

Technical ability: Now this doesn't mean you need to be Billy Robinson. You can be a brawler but does your offense look believable? Can you throw a punch or a kick that looks legit. Can you execute a Suplex or a high risk move?

Selling: This is big for me. If you can't make your opponent look good then you're not doing your job.

Promos: Another HUGE thing for me. Look I love Puro which does very little of this. But This is entertainment. So... entertain me. Even if you make me hate you that works.

Timing: This is something I see lacking in a lot of today's wrestlers and it grates me. Bad timing makes things look fake. I hate when I see someone standing for 20 seconds motionless waiting for a move to be executed.

Look: Not only if you are attractive or have a great physique, But ring attire counts. Do you look like a Superstar?

Gimmick: Granted not everyone has one but everyone has a personality. Do I find yours interesting? Or are you like watching paint dry. Again I need to feel something out a character to become invested.

Crowd interaction: Now with today's pandemic its hard to jusge anyone on this but can you work a crowd either as a heel or a face. I stress again this is entertainment.

So, is there anything else you guys look for?

Brunogod and badstreetusa like this post

Back to top Go down
https://uwf-fantasywrestling.forumotion.com
Supes
Admin
Supes

PostSubject: Re: How you rate wrestlers?   How you rate wrestlers? EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 12:42 pm

Oh somewhere in here I need facial expessions. I guess that goes under look or selling... Not sure.

badstreetusa likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://uwf-fantasywrestling.forumotion.com
Johnny Rose

PostSubject: Re: How you rate wrestlers?   How you rate wrestlers? EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 1:06 pm

To me it’s selling and safety . I see some guys that are so unsafe in the ring . I want to know both workers are protected . This probably goes with technical skill . Mic skills have always been a plus for me . Do you entertain me ? Those are kind of my big 3 . But if I gotta to go number one over everything . Story telling . Without it all you’re watching is a dance recital . But again . I’m really fucking old . Lol

Supes and badstreetusa like this post

Back to top Go down
Brunogod

PostSubject: Re: How you rate wrestlers?   How you rate wrestlers? EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 1:10 pm

Very hard nowadays for me to rate wrestling or wrestlers with the scripted promos that are basically the same fukin one for everyone!

The technical ability seems ,imo, to be a lost art as the matches,especially in wwe , all follow pretty much the same formula!
Remember when every damn wwe finish was wrestler a gets distracted at ringside and wrestler b rolls wrestler a up from behind for a 3 count!

Imo, there's very little done nowadays to allow wrestlers to really show what they can do as so many ,if not most, get watered down !

I am also not a fan of the flippity floppers!
Just like having blood, it's fine for some of that im small doses or when it really means something... not in every damn match!
If wrestlers in the opening match are doing crazy dives and moves,then what do the semi and main eventers have to do to get their match over?
There's just no rhyme or reason anymore,imo !
Charisma goes a long way for me!~ You either have it or u don't ! Too many wrestlers are forced down our throats when the are a charisma vacuum,ie Adam Page,imo
Gimmicks that make some sense are fine but shit gimmicks like thatn fukin Orange Cassidy just make me wanna puke!

Crowd interaction is good but if the wrestletrs' idea of good interaction is to just yell and scream at the fans then its a waste,ie. bayley !

As far as looks go,it all depends! i definitely dont want everyone to have damn near the same look whether it be attire or physique!
However when u have someone like that midget with luchasaurus and Jungle Boy or the like,then im tuning out!

now remember,im an old 55 so i was brought up way different!
The main goal of promotions back then was to use theri tv as a commercial to sell their product and get you to PAY to go to the atrenas to watch the big match ups!
they didnt give everything away on tv as they do now!
Promos from the wrestlers got them and their feuds over!

Again,different times !

Ofc the above is just my take on it but there are some wrestlers i really like so its not all bad!

Supes and badstreetusa like this post

Back to top Go down
badstreetusa

badstreetusa

PostSubject: Re: How you rate wrestlers?   How you rate wrestlers? EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 4:11 pm

i agree with everthing that has been said here......

badstreetusa likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How you rate wrestlers?   How you rate wrestlers? Empty

Back to top Go down

How you rate wrestlers?
Page 1 of 1